1.7.11

fixtures / fittings - with kudos!

I have realised, contemplating the content for today's post, that there are zillions of design decisions to be made every minute of every day, should you be so inclined!
I am.
I do not choose anything based on practicality or price alone. (not even the most humble of conveniences, like loo paper!) It has to look good too! Even more important though when it is a permanent fixture for your home.
I find it quite amusing when I think about how much of my life I have invested in analysing these objects. Once they're in, how many people will stop, appreciate that time and effort and say 'Gee nice robe hook'? LOL!
Anyhow... here is a tiny selection of my choices made for this build so far; the best design / practicalities / quality that I could find and wrangle within our budget! (Budgets are a damn pain in the arse aren't they?!!!)

Kado 'Quad' Heated Towel Rails

Kado 'Lure' freestanding bath for main bedroom ensuite

Dorf 'Motif' Towel rails

Caroma 'Cube' wall hung toilet pans

Scala sink mixers

Decina 'Carina' 1750 bath for main bathroom

Artcraft Superlux Matt White halogen downlights

Caroma 'Opal 11' toilet suite for cabana pool W.C.

Clipsal 'Saturn' light switches with LED illumination

Dorf 'Myriad' robe hooks (above) and shower heads (below)

Have a lovely weekend!
x KL

8 comments:

  1. I love ALL your selections!!!!

    We are having the same towel rails except ours won't be heated (trying to save on electricity). I almost fainted when my man told me how much electricity all our c-bus gear is going to use :(

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks B! The heated towel rails in the main bathroom don't cost anything electricity wise because my daughters don't like warm towels and have switched them off! Go figure! I can't wait to have them in our main bed ensuite. I might get a shock then!!!!
    kl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello:
    We could not agree with you more about 'design' decisions. We too feel that it is important for things one lives with to have form as well as function, be beautiful as well as useful. Often it costs no more in monetary terms, it just takes more time.

    Your bathroom fittings look very stylish. Contemporary, yes, but also with a classical feel and this we feel will stand the test of time.

    Thank you for your most generous comment on our previous bathroom post. Although as you say we have very different styles, perhaps there is more in common than one might at first glance imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely selection! happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your selections! We are also having the Kado lure freestanding bath and the caroma cube wall hung toilets! LOVE :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can I say Tonia? You have great taste!!!
    I like the Hattatt's comments very much because although contemporary, I am trying to choose items that are also classic and therefore will not date. Thank you for your reassurance! :-) KL

    ReplyDelete
  7. KL, have you purchased your towel rails yet? I don't want/need them to be heated but most seem to come heated... and are very expensive :S

    I am hoping I can find some cheaper equivalents :(

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes B. We have the Kato Quad heated rails (x3)in the main bathroom and the Dorf Motif in the guest ensuite. There are a kazillion options in non-heated rails. Have you checked out Reece' website? Their salespersons are also very helpful in store and have access to even more than featured online. Mizu 1500 is a well priced and nicely styled product.
      x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL