30.6.11

Best Cooktops

I've been silently debating with myself about our cooktop options. Gas versus induction? Stainless steel or glass backed? Some of my debating has involved the bench top too. If it's stainless steel as in our last house (which I LOVED) then a stainless cooktop will help it to look more integrated. Black granite - black glass. White corian..... Aaah!!!!I just don't know!!!
What I do know is this:  1. I would like it to fuse as seamlessly as possible with the bench top in terms of design, 'flushness' and material. I do NOT want to make a feature of a cooktop! 2. I would like it to be easy to use and clean and stay that way for as long as possible. 3. It needs to be manufactured by a reputable brand and be a quality product. So, here is my, as usual, eclectic short - list! All guidance and recommendations gladly accepted!!!

Smeg Induction
 (included because I LOVE this saucepan!!!)
Fisher & Paykel Izona The pan supports retract when not in use!

Gaggenau Induction All over induction - cool!


Barazza Lab
Barazza Select

Barazza Lab 1200

The last one is my favourite at the moment! The Barazza Lab 1200 (shown twice). It's been there in first place on 'the list' for a whole 2 months now. Maybe it's time to make a commitment?
KL

3 comments:

  1. Hello:
    We think that we have gas hobs and electric ovens but we rarely spend sufficient time in the kitchen to be absolutely sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved an induction cooktop, but sadly it wasn't within our budget :(

    My man wanted a wide cooktop (don't know why as he doesn't cook!) so I settled on this Miele stainless steel one - http://www.miele.com.au/au/domestic/products/cooktops_models_24038.htm

    I would have preferred this one http://www.miele.com.au/au/domestic/products/cooktops_models_17181.htm BUT changed my mind after reading my bloggy friends' reviews.

    Although it looks a million times better than the stainless steel one, I don't think I could handle cleaning it 24/7 or seeing it scratched :(

    So my conclusion is, if you can afford an induction cooktop in the size you - want get it!

    :)

    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments Jane and Lance. So funny!
    I had a St George black ceraan cooktop (black glass) years ago and it scratched and became marked very quickly. So has my mini Omega one in the kitchenette so I'm leaning towards the Stainless steel. The Miele model you have linked is high on my list too, as its a rare 'flush' model. It will be a toss between the Barazza or this. KL

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL